Frequently Asked Questions
- When is the newest training going to be available?
- How do I get parts and assemblies used in the course?
- Do I have to have Inventor or SolidWorks installed to use the course?
- Is the Internet required to use the courses?
- What lessons are in your courses?
- Do you have discounts for teachers and students?
- Do I need speakers or headphones?
- Is the course stand-alone or is it an add-on?
- When I run the course I can’t see the control buttons. What’s wrong?
- Can I hear and see the lessons on my computer?
- What is the Memory Jogger?
- Can I download the course?
- Do I have to have the USB in my USB Port to run the course?
- How do I turn the course off?
- Can I install the course on more than one computer?
- Why am I experiencing poor media player quality?
- How do I upgrade to a course bundle?
- Will I receive a Certificate of Completion when I complete the courses?
- Can I use the course videos on my iPad or other device?
- Why am I unable to hear the course audio?
1. When is the newest training going to be available?
The first release of our training is usually just over a month from the release date to the public. Because our courses are downloadable, you can purchase a Bundle and receive new lessons as they’re released. You will receive all the completed courses now and over an hour of new lessons every week via free, automatic updates until the courses are complete.
2. How do I get parts and assemblies used in the course?
Documentation files like parts and assemblies used in the course are on the root of the USB and you can download them from the link in the email containing your Product Key.
3. Do I have to have Inventor or SolidWorks installed to use the course?
No. It’s not required, but we recommend it so that you can interact and follow along with the lessons.
4. Is the Internet required to use the courses?
No, internet is not required for permanent courses. The courses are installed on your hard-drive so the internet is not required to use them.
5. How do I receive my Product Key?
You will receive an email with your Product Key. Included in this email will be a link for downloading the Documentation for the courses and a link to download the installer if you have not done so already.
6. Do you have discounts for teachers and students?
Yes, we offer a significant discount to faculty and students as well as volume discounts. Visit our Educational Discounts page.
7. Do I need speakers or headphones?
Yes, you need speakers or headphones connected to your computer. The courses presents the lessons in audio/video format. You see and hear the lesson on your computer. See more information on our system requirements.
8. Is the course stand-alone or is it an add-on?
Our tutorials are stand-alone software. They do not run within Inventor or SolidWorks or any other software. If you have Autodesk Inventor installed on your computer you can launch our courses from Inventor using the TEDCF tab on the home menu. The TEDCF menu is automatically added to the Inventor menu when you install our courses.
9. When I run the course I can’t see the control buttons. What’s wrong?
The minimum required display resolution is 1024 X 768. When your screen resolution is set to a resolution less than 1024 X 768, the control buttons are located beyond the edge of the screen. Change your display resolution to 1024 X 768 or higher.
10. Can I hear and see the lessons on my computer?
Yes, the lessons are in video format. You will see and hear each task while the instructor explains how to perform the tasks.
11. What is the Memory Jogger?
The Memory Jogger helps you quickly find lessons. It’s works just like a search engine. Type a few keywords to search for lessons and then watch the lesson you want.
12. Can I download the course?
Our courses are fully downloadable. Once you install the Lesson Player you will register the course, and then all the lessons will download and install onto your computer.
13. Do I have to have the USB in my USB Port to run the course?
No. Courses for Inventor 2011 and later and SolidWorks 2011 and later are installed on your hard drive. The USB drive is used for installation and upgrading.
14. What lessons are in your courses?
You can find the list of lessons for each course by viewing course outline at the bottom of any course or in our Bundle Outlines. You can watch Sample Lessons now by clicking the highlighted lessons in the sample lesson list. Each lesson is filled with tips and tricks and many more sub-topics.
15. Can I install the tutorial on more than one computer?
Individuals: the licensing for our courses allows them to be installed on two computers that you use. For example, you can install a course on a computer at work or school and a computer at home giving you access to the courses at both places.
Companies/Educational Institutions: If you wish to train multiple users you can install courses on a single workstation and train on the workstation, or you can purchase courses for each workstation.
16. Why am I experiencing poor media player quality?
If you are experiencing poor graphic or lesson player quality, be sure that you are using Windows Media Player 9 or higher. You can check to see if you have the latest version of Windows Media Player by following instructions in this link.
How to locate and open Windows Media Player in Microsoft Windows.
17. How do I upgrade to a course bundle?
To upgrade to a bundle, click the “Support” button on the lesson player. Click the “Upgrade” button. Follow the instructions. Upgrade prices are reduced according to the course or bundle.
18. Will I receive a Certificate of Completion when I complete the courses?
A Certificate of Completion is included with the Autodesk Inventor and SolidWorks permanent courses. Certificates are not included with Online Training.
19. Can I use the tutorial videos on my iPad or other device?
Yes, we have an Online Training service that allows you to access training on any device connected to the Internet. So you can watch lessons on your iPad, phone, tablet, etc. any device that can connect to the Internet.
20. Why am I unable to hear the course audio?
If you are unable to hear the course audio and you are using Windows Media Player 9 or above, you may need to update your codecs. Download and install the “All-In-One Codec 126.96.36.199” pack from the link.