Make your mechanical drawings come alive. One of the most important tasks is to setup your drawing templates to streamline your work. You will learn how to do this plus so much more. You’ll create custom layers, title blocks, and borders to give your drawings a professional look.
Automate title block fields so that they instantly fill in your title blocks. Customize notes, revision tables, and part tables. Everything you need to automate the construction of professional drawings is covered.
You’ll also learn how to use all the 2D drawing commands, how to customize the commands, and you’ll learn best practice use of the commands. BOM’s will also be a snap after you finish this course.
There is no faster way to learn how to customize and automate your mechanical drawing procedures.
Mechanical Drawings Description
You will learn how to create professional mechanical drawings from the components and assemblies constructed in the first two courses. All the commands associated with 2D drawings are covered in detail. Learn how to create custom title blocks that automatically fill out information about the part or assembly in the drawing. Create custom borders, custom sheet formats, custom revision tables, custom BOMs, everything you need to create professional drawings. Also learn tips and tricks that will help you speed up your work and simplify drawing creation.
4 Hours (480 Minutes)
You can also browse through the lessons from the following SolidWorks 2018 courses and watch sample lessons from each course.
Instruction Time: 4 hours
Make your models bulletproof!
What to Buy
Buy the Download Only...
- if you want to start learning now!
- if you want to bypass shipping costs!
Buy the Download + USB Drive...
- if you do not have Internet access.
- if you want the same benefits of the download but would like a back-up copy of the courses.
- Affordable training for individuals, companies, and educators.
- Step-by-Step audio/video format.
- Simply download, install and register.
- Structured procedures for creating dynamic, editable solid models and assemblies.
- Tips and tricks that will increase your productivity.
- Fully indexed so that you can find the lesson you need.
- Other Features: Metric & English, Adjustable Playback Speed, Full-screen Capabilities
SolidWorks 2018: Mechanical Drawings
Files and Folders
Starting a New Drawing
Defining a Printable Area
Custom Title Blocks
Setup Title Block Fields
Linking Title Block Fields
Creating Custom Properties
Title Block Text Fields
Links and Title Block Fields
Combining Fields and Text
Applying Fields and Text
Property Tab Builder
Custom Property List File
Advanced Control Elements
Using Property Tabs
Custom Drawing Templates
Default Sheet Formats
Custom Sheet Formats
Test Driving Sheet Formats
View Scale Settings
Isometric Dimetric Trimetric
Driven and Driving Dimensions
Driven vs Driving Dimensions
Best Dimensioning Practice
Chamfer and Fillet Dimensions
Customizing Revision Tables
Custom Revision Templates
Editing Table Templates
Partial Section Views
Center Mark options
Assembly Section Views