TEDCF Ships Certified Inventor 2009 Training Course
Springville, CA, August 13, 2008 – TEDCF Publishing, a leading Authorized Autodesk Publisher of interactive courses for Autodesk Inventor, today announced the availability of Accelerated Productivity 2009: 2D Drafting and Customization, the third in a series of certified courses for Autodesk Inventor 2009.
2D Drafting and Customization is an Autodesk Inventor 2009 Certified course providing Step-by-Step instruction presented in short, fully animated movies. It runs from a standard CD drive on your computer, and it’s designed to quickly build professional skills.
Lesson Player Attributes:
- Large Screen – The Lesson Player fills the screen when set to 1024 X 768 resolution.
- Caption – Captions can be turned on or off depending on your needs.
- Automatic Course Layout – The course starts with basic concepts and builds to more advanced concepts. You simply click the Next button to go to the next lesson in the course.
- Automatic Book Marking – Close the courseware to end a study session, and then reopen it for the next study session. The course automatically opens on the last viewed lesson.
- Automatic Study History Logging – After finishing a lesson, it’s automatically moved to the History List. You are able to review lessons from the History List simply by selecting a lesson from the list.
- Review Previously Viewed Lessons – You can go back as many lessons as needed by clicking the Back Button.
- Quickly Find Lessons – All the lessons are accessible from the Lesson List.
- Fully Indexed – The Memory Jogger allows you to enter keyword phrases to find a particular lesson.
- Lesson Slider Control – This feature allows you to quickly move to any point in a lesson.
- Volume Slider Control – This feature allows you to adjust the volume of a lesson.
- Time Displays – Total length and current position of each lesson is displayed so you can budget your time.
The course shows users how to work in the 2D Drawing environment, how to customize the Inventor User Interface, and how to setup styles and templates for professional use. All the commands associated with 2D drawings are covered in detail. Users learn how to modify views using view sketches, how to add and delete hatching and other geometry found in views, and how to customize drawing features like borders, title blocks, bill of materials, parts lists, and note flags. The focus of this course is to show users how to customize 2D drawings for professional use.
“I thought it was a very informative course,” said Jerry Eddis, Engineer for Cooper Interconnect. “This is a great way for me to get the training I need. It’s also nice to have the course to use as a reference.”
“Our courses have a good reference tool,” said David Melvin, PE, author of the course. “Just type in a keyword phrase into the Memory Jogger, and within seconds you’re watching a lesson that shows you how it’s done. With all the commands Inventor has to offer, we use the Memory Jogger ourselves to brush up on various topics, and our customers love this feature of our courses.”
TEDCF’s customers are amply satisfied with the power of this course, as indicated from a marketing study conducted by TEDCF Publishing. While the courses significantly helped new Inventor users quickly get up to speed, the study shows that users already familiar with Inventor experienced as much as a 40% increase in productivity.
Learn more about Accelerated Productivity 2009: 2D Drafting and Customization and watch sample lessons from the course.
About the Author
David Melvin, PE is a licensed Mechanical Engineer with over 23 years of experience in research and development for major companies. He founded The Engineering Department Consulting Firm in 1998 and soon discovered that he needed an easier and faster way to train his draftsmen and engineers to use Autodesk Inventor. This need led him to begin making video based training courses. He found that this method of teaching was so effective that he founded TEDCF Publishing in 2000. Now his courses are used by thousands of professionals, students, and teachers all over the world.
About TEDCF Publishing
Founded in 2000, TEDCF Publishing is a division of The Engineering Department Consulting Firm. The company attained recognition as an Autodesk Authorized Publisher & Developer within the first year of business. The company provides training courses on CD for Inventor 6 through 2011, SolidWorks 2009-2011, and Microsoft Excel.