TEDCF Releases Certified Inventor 2008 Training Course
Porterville, CA, August 28, 2007 – TEDCF Publishing, an Authorized Autodesk Publisher of interactive courses for Autodesk Inventor, today announced the availability of Accelerated Productivity 2008: Assemblies and Advanced Concepts, the second in a series of certified courses for Autodesk Inventor 2008.
Accelerated Productivity 2008: Assemblies and Advanced Concepts is an Autodesk Inventor 2008 Certified course designed to quickly build professional skills. Step-by-Step instruction is presented in short, fully animated movies that run from a standard CD drive on your computer.
The course explains how to work in the Assembly environment as well as how to perform advanced commands. Users learn how to construct adaptive parts and assemblies, mirror and copy assemblies, create flexible assemblies, work with iParts and iAssemblies, and learn how to use all the assembly modeling commands.
The course also includes advanced modeling techniques designed to help users increase productivity. Users learn how to streamline the use of driven sketches to create adaptive parts, learn how to use motion and transitional constraints, check for collisions, use the Contact Solver, generate parts with the Design Accelerator, and learn how to work in the Inventor Studio environment. The focus of this course is to show users how to effectively and productively use the commands while applying advanced techniques developed by David Melvin, PE.
David Melvin, PE is an Authorized Autodesk Author and licensed Professional Mechanical Engineer who has published 22 interactive training courses for Autodesk Inventor. With over 21 years working with Autodesk products in Mechanical Design and Industrial Industries, Mr. Melvin began producing interactive courses for Autodesk Inventor in 2000. His most recent accomplishment is to have his Accelerated Productivity 2008: Assemblies and Advanced Concepts course for Inventor 2008 Certified by Autodesk.
The training capability of this course is exemplified by comments made by Richard Dreyer, Senior Design Project Engineer for AIM Design in South Carolina. “This is by far the best training tutorial bar none!” said Richard. “Your method and ability to simplify the learning process makes me feel as if I am working within a live session. Congratulations on this achievement!”
Assemblies and Advanced Concepts has over 9 1/2 hours of instruction structurally organized to enhance the learning process. Each lesson builds on skills learned in previous lessons while the course steadily pursues advanced topics. An example of some of the advanced topics in the course is the construction of multiple squared and ground helical springs in a cam driven assembly. While the construction of the assembly demonstrates the highest level of modeling skills, animation of the assembly brings user skills to a new level.
The Lesson Player is also designed to enhance the learning process with the following attributes:
- Automatic Course Layout – The course starts with basic concepts and builds to more advanced concepts. Users simply click the Next button to go to the next lesson in the course.
- Automatic Book Marking – Close the Lesson Player to automatically bookmark your place.
- Automatic Study History Logging – After a lesson is viewed, it’s automatically moved to the History List. Users are able to review lessons by selecting lessons from the History List.
- Review Previously Viewed Lessons – Users can go back as many lessons as needed by clicking the Back Button.
- Quickly Find Lessons – All the lessons are accessible from the Lesson List.
- Fully Indexed – The Memory Jogger allows users to enter keyword phrases to find a particular lesson without knowing the name of the lesson. Simply enter a keyword phrase, and a lesson about the keyword phrase begins to play.
- Slider Control – This feature allows users to quickly move to any point in a lesson.
- Volume Control – This feature allow users to adjust the volume of a lesson.
- Time Displays – Total length and current position of each lesson is displayed.
TEDCF’s customers are amply satisfied with the power of this course, as indicated from a marketing study conducted by TEDCF Publishing. While the courses significantly helped new Inventor users quickly get up to speed, the study shows that users already familiar with Inventor experienced as much as a 40% increase in productivity.
Learn more about Accelerated Productivity 2008: Assemblies and Advanced Concepts.
About the Author
David Melvin, PE is a licensed Mechanical Engineer with over 23 years of experience in research and development for major companies. He founded The Engineering Department Consulting Firm in 1998 and soon discovered that he needed an easier and faster way to train his draftsmen and engineers to use Autodesk Inventor. This need led him to begin making video based training courses. He found that this method of teaching was so effective that he founded TEDCF Publishing in 2000. Now his courses are used by thousands of professionals, students, and teachers all over the world.
About TEDCF Publishing
Founded in 2000, TEDCF Publishing is a division of The Engineering Department Consulting Firm. The company attained recognition as an Autodesk Authorized Publisher & Developer within the first year of business. The company provides training courses on CD for Inventor 6 through 2011, SolidWorks 2009-2011, and Microsoft Excel.