TEDCF Launches New Certified Inventor 11 Training Course
Porterville, CA, June 23, 2006 – TEDCF Publishing, an Authorized Autodesk Publisher of interactive courses for Autodesk Inventor today announced the availability of Accelerated Productivity 11: Assemblies and Advanced Concepts, the second in a series of certified courses for Autodesk Inventor 11.
Accelerated Productivity 11: Assemblies and Advanced Concepts is an Autodesk Inventor 11 Certified course designed to quickly build professional Inventor skills. Step-by-Step instruction is presented in short, fully animated movies that explain how to work in the Assembly environment. Users learn how to construct adaptive parts and assemblies, mirror and copy assemblies, create flexible assemblies, work with iParts and iAssemblies, and all the assembly modeling commands. The course also includes advanced modeling techniques designed to help users increase productivity. Users learn how to streamline the use of driven sketches to create adaptive parts, use motion and transitional constraints, check for collisions, use the Contact Solver, and generate parts with the Design Accelerator. The focus of this course is to show users how to effectively and productively use the commands.
The Lesson Player, shown above at 1/4 scale, tracks the progress of up to 10 users on a single workstation. All you need is a computer with speakers and a CD Drive, and the Lesson Player does the rest.
- Automatic Course Layout – The course starts with basic concepts and builds to more advanced concepts. Users simply click the Next button to go to the next lesson in the course.
- Automatic Book Marking – Close the courseware to automatically bookmark your place.
- Automatic Study History Logging – After a lesson is viewed, it’s automatically moved to the History List. Users are able to review lessons from the History List simply by selecting a lesson from the list.
- Review Previously Viewed Lessons – Users can go back as many lessons as needed simply by clicking the Back Button.
- Quickly Find Lessons – All the lessons are accessible from the Lesson List.
- Fully Indexed – The Memory Jogger allows users to enter keyword phrases to find a particular lesson without knowing the name of the lesson. Simply enter a keyword phrase, and a lesson about the keyword phrase begins to play.
- Slider Control – This feature allows users to quickly move to any point in a lesson.
- Volume Control – This feature allow users to adjust the volume of a lesson.
- Time Displays – Total length and current position of each lesson is displayed.
“I thought it was very worth while … much better than reading a book,” said John Marcus, CEO of PTC Instruments. The course layout allows users to build skills progressively, or find lessons by performing a keyword search. Unlike a book, users see the details of using the commands while they hear the instructor explain how to use them.
TEDCF’s customers will be amply satisfied with the power of this course, as indicated from a marketing study conducted by TEDCF. While previous courses significantly helped new Inventor users quickly get up to speed, the study shows that users already familiar with Inventor experienced as much as a 40% increase in productivity.
Learn more about Accelerated Productivity 11: Assemblies and Advanced Concepts.
About the Author
David Melvin, PE is a licensed Mechanical Engineer with over 23 years of experience in research and development for major companies. He founded The Engineering Department Consulting Firm in 1998 and soon discovered that he needed an easier and faster way to train his draftsmen and engineers to use Autodesk Inventor. This need led him to begin making video based training courses. He found that this method of teaching was so effective that he founded TEDCF Publishing in 2000. Now his courses are used by thousands of professionals, students, and teachers all over the world.
About TEDCF Publishing
Founded in 2000, TEDCF Publishing is a division of The Engineering Department Consulting Firm. The company attained recognition as an Autodesk Authorized Publisher & Developer within the first year of business. The company provides training courses on CD for Inventor 6 through 2011, SolidWorks 2009-2011, and Microsoft Excel.